I wanted to try a little bit of everything so I ended up ordering an appetizer and a combo. The appetizer we ordered was called a "Bolani", which was Pastry stuffed with a layer of potatoes and served with chutney. The combo we ordered was called "The Couples Combo" (it's perfect for 2 people, as the name suggests), which included a plate Qabeli Pallow which had tender pieces of beef shank, mixed with carrots and raisins as well as a skewer of chicken kebab, tekka kebba and shami kebab. This was also supposed to come with salad, naan and chutney. Along with it came a potato dish which was sooooo good! It honestly tasted like butter chicken but made with potatoes?! My mind was fully blown!
Here's what I had:
- The food is well cooked. The meat (which became the star of our entire meal) was juicy and flavorful and left me wanting more!
- The ingredients seemed fresh and everything looked and tasted scratch made.
- The decor was pretty cool! I loved how they decorated the space and they really seemed to take the space they were given and tried to make it as authentic as possible.
- The service was good. The server who helped us was friendly and helpful; what more could you ask for?!
- Pretty decent prices for the portions you get!
- The combo was supposed to come with Naan and extra chutney but we never received this. I only noticed after our meal that this had happened.
YES! I would definitely recommend this place. After I had paid for my meal and was driving home, all I could think of was going back the next day for lunch. Now, that's a good sign of an excellent meal. The menu was also full of amazing delicacies that I am itching to try, so I think this was another reason I was so eager to go back. And just as a side note, Afghan Chopan also has a Richmond location, in case you're not in the mood to come all the way out to Surrey ;-)
12888 80th Ave